I am so excited to be posting my first gluten-free recipe. For a long time I have struggled with weight problems, poor skin and stomach pain, so I am thinking I am going to try to reduce my gluten intake. My niece also struggles with gluten and so do a few of my close friends, So I am trying to have more GF recipes on hand that actually taste good. So here is a great recipe for Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins. I like this one because we have a blueberry farm, so I have more blueberries than I know what to do with!
I will be adding more GF recipes as I find them and the ones proven to have great taste. You can make this recipe with regular flour as well. Its low in sugar too.
Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- 1-3/4 Cup Gluten-free Multi-Purpose baking mix (Hodgson Mills)
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 tsp. Gluten-free baking powder (Rumford brand)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 Cup light sour cream
- 1/2 Cup 2% milk
- 1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice and its zest
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup frozen blueberries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 12 hole muffin tin with paper liners or butter.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients.
- Fill the muffin tins with a few tablespoons of the batter then dop in 4-5 blueberries in and cover with more batter.
- Bake for 16 min.
* GF flours don't brown like regular flours do so check them for doneness, not by color.