Monday, May 6, 2013

My Kitchen Garden

After much thought and consideration, I have finally decided on a
Kitchen Garden, I love the concept and the look.
A kitchen garden can be the central feature of an all-season landscape or it may be a little more than a humble veggie plot. It is a source of herbs, vegetables and fruits, but it is often also a structured garden space with a design based on repetitive geometric patterns.
I am going to use 4 by 4 squares with a walk way between each square section.
A kitchen garden has year-round visual appeal and can incorporate permanent perennials or woody shrub plantings, and annuals. I hope to fence with a shabby white picket fence...If I can get my hands on some! :) Maybe a nice trellis for my squash and cucumbers and maybe a bench! I am sure this will be an ongoing process but I have the plans!

4 comments:

  1. I know you will make it gorgeous! Can't wait to see it! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I cant wait to see it too, Wont be done this year, all filled in anyways but it will be in existance to add to gradually. I cant wait for you guys to get down here so we can share and can together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's an on going process but you will love it in the end! Have fun!

    P S If you get rid of the squiggly words one has to type in to comment...I bet you would get a lot more comments...you have such a lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You for the Lovely Comment! I will see if I can change the words thing! :)

      Delete

I love comments to my blogs, not only because it proves that people are reading and thinking about what I write, but also because they provide much needed inspiration. So please leave me a comment!