Monday, May 20, 2013

Natural Infused Water


Ok, so I admit it, I do enjoy having a soda every now and then, but I am constantly reminded of how many calories and sugars are in them, even in "diet" drinks.
 So I am on a quest to rid myself of soda pop. 
Today I had a glass of water infused with pomegranate!
 It was a nice light flavor and really tasted great!
Put as much fruit in water as you like and let the water sit for at least 30 minutes before drinking. I chose pomegranate today, But I also have cucumber I plan to try
and I am a regular with lemon water.
Besides tasting great and being very healthy, Infused waters also can 
help with detoxification, energy and hydration.
 
Below is a sample of some combinations and how they
may help your body and health.

1. Green tea, mint, lime: can help with fat burning, digestion,
 headaches, congestion and natural breath freshener.
2. Strawberry, kiwi: can help with cardiovascular health,
immune system protection, blood sugar regulation, digestion.
3. Cucumber, lime, lemon:  can help with water weight management,
bloating, appetite control, hydration, digestion
4. Lemon, lime, orange: digestion vitamin C, immune defense,
 heartburn, (Drink this one at room temperature)
 
As I have, I am sure you too will find that in no time this is all
you'll want to drink and you wont even miss Soda!
 
Enjoy!
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie, I wanted to come by to return the blog visit and thank you for leaving a comment on mine. The infused water is a wonderful idea! I'm trying to get us off soda too, and have been experimenting with fruit flavored kefir water. You idea is so simple though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leigh, Thanks for the return post! I havent tried using kefir grains for water, I will have to give it a try. I am trying to experiment with Yerba Matte tea, I love it cold. Theres an herbal cafe that makes it and I am trying to come close to there recipe! Perhaps a post soon! :)

      Steph

      Delete

I love comments to my blogs, not only because it proves that people are reading and thinking about what I write, but also because they provide much needed inspiration. So please leave me a comment!