Thursday, May 2, 2013

Grow!




 
Its finally spring time! Here in WNY it seemed like it took a long time to get here! Finally this week we are having 70 and 80 degree weather! The Horner household is getting busy trying to take advantage of the beautiful weather and the fact its not raining. We bought our seeds for our garden this year, a big in ground garden versus our normal container gardening. I decided to use paper egg cartons for my seedlings to start in, they are biodegradable and will just break down in the soil, so its a win-win situation. I made a makeshift green house of sorts with 2x4s and plexi glass, and I must say its been working very well!
 Soon I will be working in my new green house and I cant wait!









I am not a very patient person, so waiting for those seedlings to grow has been killing me, but finally Results!!! My cucumber, basil, squash and corn is coming up! Few more weeks before they can handle WNY weather, we get frost rather late. Cant wait to enjoy the "Fruits of Our Labor"
















We also have taken on 6 more chicks! Austrolorps, they are an Australian breed, black and white. Very cute! However 4 of them are Roosters...uuugh. So I think I am going to advertise breeders for sale, or we will have chicken in the freezer. They are growing fast too! Few more months and we should be getting more eggs! Its a fun season and a busy one! Updates when I can!
 
New Babies with heat light on.
                                                                                 Big Babies outside on the
                                                                                  porch now, heat at night.
 
                                                             
 
                                                     
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. "Looks like the barnyard is busy with its regular tizzy and the obvious reason is because of the season"! Haha- seven brides for seven brothers. Lovely post! Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember fondly watching that movie with my Finch Girls. Over and Over. Along with The County Fair and numerous Hans Christian Anderson Movies!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love comments to my blogs, not only because it proves that people are reading and thinking about what I write, but also because they provide much needed inspiration. So please leave me a comment!